Scuba Diving in Tioman Island

By Kirah - May 02, 2018


Tioman Island lies off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, in the South China Sea. It's a nature reserve, ringed by beaches. The area is known for its dive sites, which have corals, sea fans and sea sponges, as well as shipwrecks. The island is covered in tropical rain-forests, home to butterflies, lizards and monkeys.

**********

Hi Everyone!

It is the time for me to share about my dive experiences. It's been nearly four years since I've graduated as PADI Open Water Diver. Last time I was in Tioman Island, I think it was in 2014 where I took the PADI course in order to be certified as a scuba diver. But last weekend, I went to Tioman for my leisure dive trip with my fellow dive buddy, Anas. Out of four, only two of us have been certified for fun dive. Ida went for her dive learning course and Ira was taking her sweet time appreciating the nature and the awesome view Tioman could offered. 







It was my first dive trip for 2018. The last time was in Perhentian Island in September 2017. For me the ocean is pristine and peaceful. There are no phone calls to answer or emails to respond underwater. My attention is focused on breathing and the only worry is to concentrate on the amazing things seen through mask. It is priceless experiences, every time.

Every dive is unique memory for me. There is no greater sensation and satisfaction than seeing a new species for the first time. Whether I am watching the sea turtles cruise the reefs, listening to bubbles release from regulator, or witnessing a school colorful fishes, diving will always leave me in awe. The ocean is full with bright corals, vivid invertebrates, and inquisitive marine mammals will always be my alter ego. The underwater world is a wondrous place, and the moment I submerge, I have access to a fascinating universe filled with rich biodiversity.







I took 5 boat dives with Bayu Dive Center Tioman. We went for 5 dive sites which were Rengis, Soyak, Batu Layang, Tiger Reef and Labas. Labas was my favorite so far. It was a bit challenging with really nice reefs and a lot of caverns and swimthroughs full of fishes. A huge number of swim throughs can be found here, ranging in size from large to awkwardly small. If you enjoy a challenge for your buoyancy skills and the sensation of exploring the unknown then this is a top site for you. These swim throughs are known to some as ‘The Swiss Cheese’.

This area was good as we managed to see blue spotted rays, batfish and the nudibranch. All around the swim through area I saw schools of snappers, puffer fish, yellow fined barracuda and the occasional moray ell.












Let's have some chill time by the beach. The keropok lekor was awesome.






That is it for Tioman Island dive trip. I am currently working on short video to summarize this trip. Hoping it will turns out great as I wish. I will let you know once it is done and my future vacation or dive trip. If you have anything to ask about Tioman Island, hit me up through my social media. I am easy going person. I will try to help as much as I can. Cheers, no hate just love.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments