A Day Trip to Luleå

By Kirah - April 16, 2018



This is what happened when you get to play the camera by yourself. I was in Skellefteå for business trip and wondered what to do on weekend. It was unplanned. That Sunday morning I decided to get my ass off and walked to bus station. It was unexpected and when finally my senses came back, I was already in Luleå! This is the video of my several hours in a beautiful place called Luleå. Enjoy!

Luleå is a city on the coast of northern Sweden and is the biggest city in Swedish Lapland. Took me two hours by bus from Skellefteå. I was indeed a wonderful experiences.

**********

Hi everyone,

It's great that finally I've made my mind to write about trip to one of beautiful place in Sweden. This is my last week here in Skellefteå, as I'm writing this post. Last Sunday, I was wondering what should I do to spend the rest of my weekend. It was random and totally unexpected. I woke up from bed and do some research of nearby city. I came across Luleå and Umeå. Then I got ready and asked the receptionist where is the bus station. Without hesitation, I walked to the bus station and bought a return ticket to Luleå.

It took me 2 hours from Skellefteå to Luleå. There were few passengers on board and I took front seat to enjoy the view. It was double-decked bus and it was spacious. It costed me about SEK280 (approximately MYR150) for return ticket. I think it was a bit pricey if compare to public transport in Malaysia. It was really sunny and I just can't hate it. If not mistaken, it was about 10 Celcius. The sun light was so strong. My eyes can't help but blinked every minute. The bus departed from Skellefteå at 8am sharp. It stopped at several destinations and one of it was Piteå. That was the only destination I know because that time I was still awake. The bus reached Luleå bus station around 10.30 in the morning. I took a lot of pictures along the way before I unconsciously felt asleep.










Piteå Busstation or Piteå Bus station



Luleå Busstation or Luleå Bus station

It was still sunny in Luleå but windier than Skellefteå. I did not wear any gloves and my hands were getting colder. When I stepped out from the bus and I can see the town directly. It just 100 meters from the bus station. I did  not know what to expect however I was surprise because I can count by fingers, the people which I bumped. I looked a round and realized because it was Sunday, because It was weekend, mostly shops and restaurants will be operated after twelve and will be closed at 4pm. I spent a lot of time wondering and playing tourist. As time went by, I can see people started to come out of their shelter. Most of the time, they were walking their dogs. Compared to Skellefteå, Luleå seems a bit bigger in terms of size and people. The university campus in Luleå is much larger than in Skellefteå. When it reached 12pm, the shopping malls and shops started to open. I went to all of them which were in town. Just to compare the prices and looked at strange things they sell.I decided to buy lunch at Subway and eat it at Luleå Park.






















This building is called "Kulturens Hus"

I headed to the park and had my lunch at the top of a building. I was accompanied by an amazing view. I was indeed a priceless experience. The park was very special because it was located in the middle of the city. The ice was still firmly froze, so there were a lot of people skate or jogging on the ice. I was wearing inappropriate shoes and clothes. So I decided to watch them over and enjoyed the food. After lunch, I took another walk around the park. The park was huge than I could not stand the coldness and had a feeling the loop was endless. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the astonish and priceless scenery while taking photos and videos as many as I could for my memories later on. I jumped and dumped my ass on the snow. Luckily there was no one around. I bet people must think that I was a crazy bitch. I spent almost 5 hours walking around the city center and observed people. I was satisfied and headed back to the bus station. I need to catch the bus to Skellefteå at 4.30pm. I arrived hotel almost 7pm in the evening. It was how I ended my last Sunday in Sweden. I really wish that I will be back in Sweden the near future. If there is chance, I want to visit Umeå or Happaranda, the border between Sweden and Finland.




















As you notice, I have include a video that took me almost 3 hours making it. I hope you enjoy reading this entry and watch the video as I am. I will definitely see you soon in next post about my 2 weeks business trip in Skelleftea. I hope I can come out with more videos soon. Don't forget to subscribe my channel too. No hate, just love and slay the day!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments